CMI Cohort 1 Discussion Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I miss anything?

+3
John Gutteridge
Admin
Helen Bullock
7 posters

Go down

Did I miss anything? Empty Did I miss anything?

Post  Helen Bullock Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:17 am

Hi All

Hope you had a successful day in sheffield?

Am just wondering whether I missed anything today??

Cheers

Helz
Helen Bullock
Helen Bullock

Back to top Go down

Did I miss anything? Empty Me too

Post  Admin Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:38 am

I didn't make it today either so any feedback would be appreciated. We have 4 inches of snow here and a lot of the roads are closed. Rang up colleagues in Sheffield who said that the trams and buses were all cancelled so I think I made the right decision not to try and get there.

Happy New Year everyone - hope your assignments are going well.

James
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cmidwpstudents.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Did I miss anything? Empty And me

Post  John Gutteridge Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:35 am

Didn't make it to Sheffield today, and nor did Karen. We'd got a hire car ready but the local roads were ridiculous and the thought of trying to get over the Pennines from Manchester was madness. Plus the trains were being cancelled so it was a no-go. Found out that our office (Salford Anchorage) was officially closed at lunchtime and there will be a pitch inspection (ha) at 7am tomorrow to decide whether to open or not. But by then, according to local weather forecasts, roads will be in an even worse state than this morning, so it's not looking good.
I phoned the hotel at about 10.50 this morning and only one poor soul had turned up. Don't know who that was but well done you. So, as with James and Helen, if anybody attended and there's any feedback, please let us all know.

Happy New Year to all from a true "Last Minute Larry" (I'm having a lot of trouble getting started)

John

John Gutteridge

Back to top Go down

Did I miss anything? Empty What now?

Post  Admin Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:12 am

I spoke with Dave yesterday morning to let him know that I wasn't going. He was on the train at the time, so I'm guessing he was the "one" that turned up and he was alone?? Given that most if not all of us have missed the Action Learning Set through no fault of our own (and I for one had a load of questions about the assignment that I needed to speak to Dave about), what are the chances of the ALS being re-arranged and the deadline being extended because of the weather (and the fact that we still do not have any CMI numbers!!)?

Has anyone spoken to Dave or Tony or anyone from Eliesha to see if there will be an extension or another ALS?

James
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cmidwpstudents.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Did I miss anything? Empty What now

Post  John Gutteridge Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 am

Haven't spoken to Dave or Tony but quite happy to try to arrange another ALS and will welcome a general extension of the deadline. What do others think?

John Gutteridge

Back to top Go down

Did I miss anything? Empty Re: Did I miss anything?

Post  Helen Bullock Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 am

I agree with you both,however with me going to sunnier climes next week am quite a way through the assignment but am struggling with the business case bit! i have never had to do a business case!

Also feel a bit let down by the fact that we havent got our numbers therefore have been unable to access reference material that would have been useful, i have been using online books!

In all honesty am a bit disappointed with the whole thing!

Helen
Helen Bullock
Helen Bullock

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Walker Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:22 am

Hi All,

I managed to get as far as Manchester yesterday and having seen the amount of snow on the way I decided it was probably wiser to turn round and head back to snowy Blackpool rather than face a journey over the Pennines.

I think the organisation in general hasn't been good, I didn't receive an agenda and only found out the times for yesterday on Monday.After the three days in Sheffield I came away feeling very motivated but this slowly evaporating !!

I am probably about 75% complete in terms of completing a draft but not having our CMI numbers for the website has been a complete pain to say the least. So any extension would be much appreciated!!

Dan
Daniel Walker
Daniel Walker

Back to top Go down

Did I miss anything? Empty I have emailed Dave re extension

Post  Karen Stainton Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:32 am

Hi All,
Happy New Year from Sunny Snowy Salford!!

I have emailed Dave this morning with my first draft (hope to God it's ok!!) and also asked him if we can arrange another ALS and an extension to the deadline!
I can see us getting an extension but not another ALS. Besides which is there any point, is this weather going to subside?!!

Karen Stainton

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh_Roberts Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:35 am

I managed to get down to Sheffield on Tuesday. The Virgin Crosscountry service was running without any delays (for a change!) - mind you I dob live in Newcastle itself so had no problems getting to the station - it was a bit more fun getting home though.

Also there was Steve and the lady from Birmingham (huge appologies forgot your name - I am terrible wioth names) and Dave C.

Due to the numbers it became more of a personal tutorial rather than the large group session it should have been so was very useful. We basically went through the 4 learning outcomes and discussed what our approaches would be to addressing them in the assignment.

Dave did say that both he and Tony would be happy to review any work in progress.

See you all in Feb at the next workshop.

Hugh

Hugh_Roberts

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh_Roberts Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:37 am

John Gutteridge wrote:Haven't spoken to Dave or Tony but quite happy to try to arrange another ALS and will welcome a general extension of the deadline. What do others think?

John,

Not sure how far you will get with that - there is not really time to have another ALS. The event was really to discuss progress with the assignment and to bounce ideas off the tutor. Both Dave and Tony would be happy to review your work so far and/or to answer any questions by email.

Hugh

Hugh_Roberts

Back to top Go down

Did I miss anything? Empty Business Case

Post  Steve_Crow Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 am

Helen, or anyone else struggling with the Business case bit.

I asked Dave about this at the ALS and he said you don't need to contruct a specific business case. Just discuss how you went about securing resources, advantages of, cost etc.

I've done this with a list of bullets for each resource

I'm almost 3/4 through now and am putting off starting the H&S legislation bit for fear of falling asleep zzzz

Steve

Steve_Crow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum