CMI Cohort 1 Discussion Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 1st assignment!

+2
Storm
Helen Bullock
6 posters

Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty The 1st assignment!

Post  Helen Bullock Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:41 am

Hey all

Just wondering whether anyone has started to look at the assignment yet?!

Am making a start.............. Question

Helz
Helen Bullock
Helen Bullock

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty assignment 1

Post  Storm Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:29 am

I started getting my ideas on paper last Friday (well flipchart) as I got totally lost when I starting using Business Balls. Trying to approach it methodically and in a way that suits me. I don't want to sit back and then come back from xmas and have the panicked approach.

Where are you at with it?

Storm

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty Where on earth do we start?

Post  Janet Downes Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:42 am

I've been dabbling at research but keep coming up against sites which want you to pay for self-assessments etc. Finding it hard to identify useful stuff which isn't already in the course paperwork, but wondering if that's really a problem.

Are we supposed to be using the course stuff, using stuff we discover ourselves or a combination of the two? confused
Janet Downes
Janet Downes

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty Re: The 1st assignment!

Post  Helen Bullock Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:58 am

Hi storm, i have planned it out as thats the way i work and like you i don't want to be panicking over christmas!

Hi Janet - that happened to me as well! I think that using the course booklets along with whatever we find that we think adds to our assignment as well as work stuff will work, but thats just my thoughts!

Helz
Helen Bullock
Helen Bullock

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty assignment

Post  Storm Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:06 am

For me it is easier to just get my thoughts down to the outcomes first before researhing as I started feeling lost with it all so stopped researching initially and then I felt I understood where I was going with each outcome. If you think about it, if you don't understand where you are going with the question, reading different things may well confuse your understanding of how you should or want to structure your assignment.

Storm

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty Thanks

Post  Janet Downes Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:20 am

Thanks for that. I agree. I have a couple of things from the event that really rang a bell for me and started me thinking about how to develop these areas. I'll start with these and work it from there.

Ta ladies and, if I don't post beforehand, have a wonderful Xmas & New Year !!
Janet Downes
Janet Downes

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty Will get there!

Post  Hugh_Roberts Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:47 am

Not really done anything yet. I think I need to put my self under a bitn of pressure though (not a theorist you see Wink ). I am in work next week though and have set some time aside to start my reasearch and get my initial ideas on paper.

Hugh

Hugh_Roberts

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty 1st Assignment

Post  Steve_Crow Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:26 am

Hi Guys,

I've been on leave since Friday and have found it more difficult to put time aside to look at this than if I'd been at work, what with all the things to do prior to xmas. Basically sitting down now to do something for the first time since the course finished.

Planning to go through the workbook again to refresh myself then have hopefully get some ideas down for research based on the assignment outcomes.

4 weeks is plenty of time but not with Christmas/New Year in the middle of it, yikes!

All the best everyone

Steve

Steve_Crow

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Bullock Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 am

Hey everyone

I started off well but during crimbo etc didnt get much done and all i can think about now is heading to egypt next wed! however am 1650 words in so just going to keep plugging away

Helz
Helen Bullock
Helen Bullock

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugh_Roberts Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:41 am

Well I still haven't started yet - but there are still 10 days to go Shocked

Hugh

Hugh_Roberts

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty FINISHED!

Post  Helen Bullock Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:19 am

PHEW!!

I have finished that bloody assignment. It is, however with Tony for review, so there maybe a few comments to come back.
At the beginning i was struggling with words and by the end i had to slice 600 off!

Good luck to everyone who is nearly finished, half way through or not started yet! i know for a fact that if i hadnt been going away i would be a bit more last minute!

Helz
Helen Bullock
Helen Bullock

Back to top Go down

The 1st assignment! Empty Nearly there!

Post  Carole Brookes Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:12 am

Just sent my first draft to Dave, (with quite a few questions attached) the more I look at it, the more doubts I have that it has met the requirement!

Will just have to wait for the feedback and make any amendments.

I did a bit of work on it over Christmas but it was only a bit, and spent the day on it on Tuesday when the snow prevented me from attending the ALS day. Other than that it has been odd hours at night, I must confess I have found it difficult to make the time to work on it.

Hope you are all finding it easier than I have and that you are nearing completion.

Helen - Have a great time in Egypt, if nothing else the weather will be much better than it is in UK.

Carole Brookes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down